2 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2014 4:11 PM by mphalak

HP Tools on Hyper-V Server 2012 to manage RAID

mphalak

Hello...

I have Hyper-V 2012 server and need to understand ways to manage RAID like HP tools, has anyone got experience on installing this on hyper-v 2012 server. Can anyone share instructions, documents or any suggesations.

thanks

• Re: HP Tools on Hyper-V Server 2012 to manage RAID
          dbabsjr

It took a bit, but I was able to get the Support Pack for Proliant installed on our Hyper-V 2012 R2 systems and can get to things like the System Management Homepage.  There's a couple things you need to do:

Install SNMP - Command line for Hyper-V Server 2012 R2: Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:SNMP

Remote management is enabled on our domain via GPO, but I think you need to enable those firewall rules if not. 

Enable Windows Firewall Remote Management firewall rules - Powershell: set-netfirewallrule -displaygroup ‘Windows Firewall Remote Management’ -profile Domain -enabled true

You have to add an inbound exception for ports TCP 63001 & TCP 63002.  Since I'm enabling remote management, I do this from another PC.  You could probably also do it in Powershell.

With remote management enabled, I also configure the SNMP service from a remote PC using Computer Management.

Install the SPP by mouting the .iso on another system and running hpsum.bat in hp\swpackages

Add the remote system to the Inventory as a Windows machine, enter credentials, and use the baseline from the mounted .iso.

Inventory, and then deploy from within SPP.

Hope that helps...