4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 20, 2014 11:28 AM by wizbit

NPM Tab Resource Question

wizbit

I have just started using NPM, and most things seem simple enough so far, however I have hit a problem where I want to remove a resource from a Tab, in this case it's the built in CPU graph.

Yes I can go to the top right, and do customize page and remove it their, however doing so seems to remove it from "ALL" tab's when I only want to remove it from just this one device.

In the example I have created my own CPU monitor as the built in one does not work with my Paloalto firewall, this works fine, and as I don't need the built in one to display (as it shows nothing), I may as well remove it.

And it's at this point I hit a wall, as when I do, it affects "all" of the other systems that do display Ok using this graph.

So how is this done??

Thanks in advance.

• Re: NPM Tab Resource Question
          mharvey

The reason this is being removed from all devices is that all devices share the same view in the website.  What you want to do is create a unique view that can be assigned to these firewalls.  To do this, go into Settings > Manage Views, find the Node Details View and copy the view.  Once done, edit the copy, rename it for your Palo alto devices, and remove the resources you don't need.  Now the fun, assinging it to that node.  For this, in the Settings area go into Views by Device type.  Find the device, the palo alto and change the view from Node Details or default, to the new view you have created.  Once done, this should have the views setup for what you need.   Now if you are referring to one of the left hand navigation tabs, that should move over with the copy.  If not, then you would need to create those tabs when you are editing your new view by enabling left hand navigation, or just add the resources you want to that main page.

Regards

Matthew Harvey

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              wizbit

Thanks Mathew,

I did get that far, and when I go to my Palo it does start with my new tab, however the other tab's are also still there and still showing the cpu information I don't want.

So at the moment I have the default tab called vital stats (this is showing the cpu graph that does not work) and a new tab I called paloalto Vital stats "original I know"  that loads when I select the paloalto firewall, and is displayed first.

However I have moved over all the graphs etc I need onto this new tab , so now I don't want the default vital stats tab to show when I select the Paloalto as it's not required.

Although I do want it to show when I select a different device.

In a nutshell I want my new palo tab to show when selecting the palo and the the default to be removed, except when viewing another device.

Thanks again for your time.

Regards,

Nigel

mharvey

If you copied the view you wanted, you should be able to remove the left tab navigation from that copied view.  As long as your main tab has what you need, and you defined your new view/tab as the default view for that device in the By Device Type area, you should be fine.

wizbit

Thanks,

This is pritty close to what I need I made a copy of the main view and applied it to the device, this worked all the other tabs have now gone, I guess I will have to recreate the other tabs I require one at a time.

I can't seem to find a way of copying them and adding them to the device.

But I can now have tabs I can work on that do not affect all the devices, so I'm a step closer.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Nigel