1 of 1 people found this helpful
1. Licensing : Is there any license agreement at all assocaited with Alert Centra?
You do accept our standard EULA but there is otherwise no licensing associated (no limitations).
2. Localization : Is Alert Central 100% localized? Can you confirm that no part of it lives in the cloud?
Yes, everything is included in your standalone deployment, and it can be deployed internal-only if necessary. There's no content or anything that has to be downloaded for the product to function normally (no signatures, for example).
3. No Phone Home : Can you confirm that Alert Central transmits no information about either types of alerts collected or numbers of alerts anywhere other that internal to the application and specific configuration?
Alert Central does (by default) connect back to SolarWinds for multiple purposes:
- We collect anonymized statistics about installed version and usage volume (quantity of alerts, for example) to get an idea of how many people are using Alert Central and how the product is performing, but there are no identifying characteristics transmitted (no email addresses, no alert emails or data contained within alert emails, etc)
- We provide content that is used in Alert Central related to the Weekly Report
- We provide upgrade availability notifications and automatic updates if enabled
Alert Central will warn on installation if it is unable to communicate with the mother ship, so to speak, but not phoning home does not prevent the product from functioning. You will need to track and install upgrades manually (expect to see them once a month or so) and your Weekly Report will always display the same supplemental content (the statistics will update normally).
4. Firewall : Is there any specific firewall permissioning needed for Alert Central other than ports 80, 443, and 5480?
No, everything is within those 3 ports.