This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

agent intsaller issues

we are currently evaluating LEM 5.7.0

I have a couple of issues that I am looking to sort out -

1. Remote Agent Installer.   I built a small txt file with about 10 hosts. Using the remote installer, it installed on the first 4 just fine, but then sent to la-la land on the rest - for 23 hours, I had "Installing on host 4 of 10" or something.. Also - if I did the option to browse for the machine, I only see like 10 hosts - there well over 500 on my network.

2. Local agent Installer. Following the on-screen directions in LEM, I was to logon to the host I wanted to install the agent on, then launch LEM, download the setup, and run it.  FAIL. I don't know bout most places, but we do NOT install FLASH on our servers - its considered a security risk.  If I copied the setup from my desktop over, it installs, but tries to go to some unknown IP address and connect to the manager. If there is a way to modify this configuration AFTER the agent is install, you guys are making VERY hard to find.

so far - I have 2 servers, 2 workstations, 4 firewalls  and 2 switches configured.. not really enough to go on..