This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Automatic Notifications

How can one configure WHD to automatically notify techs in the same tech group that they've taken on a particular ticket automatically?

For example, lets say Tech A grabs a ticket, but without the other guys looking they won't know it was assigned. So is there a way to automatically email/notify the other technicians that Tech A assigned the ticket to himself so they don't have to check to verify.

• The only way I could think of doing something like this would be to leverage the Action Rules functionality.

So, for each Tech Group, you would create an Action Rule similar to the following:

- "Setup > Processes > Action Rules > New"

- Action Rule Info tab

-- Ensure the Action Rule is enabled

-- Select "Rule Triggering > Evaluate criteria... > only when updated by a Tech"

- Criteria tab

-- Condition: Tech - is any of - (Technicians in the particular Tech Group)

- Actions

-- Choose "Send E-mail" from the drop-down.

-- Configure the e-mail as desired.

You would then repeat this for all of the Tech Groups desired. It's a pretty manual process, using this method, but it would accomplish your desired end result - I believe.

• Won't this notify the entire group anytime a tech made an update on a ticket?

• Yes - I was going faster than I was thinking, sorry. I would recommend shifting to "Rule Triggering > When criteria did not match before the Ticket was updated," so - if the ticket gets assigned to someone (or someone new), based on the Technicians selected in the Criteria tab, it should send the e-mail.

• Sorry, I haven't tried this yet(Been having other fun issues). I haven't forgotten and I'll let you know if it works out.