This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Average Bits Per Second Chart Using Specific Interfaces

A quick question perhaps someone can help me with.

On our node summary page I want to create a chart showing the Average bps for only our trunk ports.All our trunks have a description starting "**Trunk" such as **Trunk to THWACKsw1** for example so making a filter to select only those interfaces on the node isn't an issue. The built in Average bps chart doesn't let you apply a filter so I cant use that and I'm having trouble finding an appropriate page element to do the job as everything I've looked at so far lets you auto select or manually select interfaces which of course will cause problems with the same view being used across multiple nodes. Any suggestions?

• A custom chart resource (found in 10.7) allows you to filter input elements and choose series. It should fit the bill here.

• On average pbs chart - do a "show SQL" and get the SQL query.. Create a new advanced SQL report and paste the SQL query over there.. Now that query you can edit/modify to accomodate this filter also.. SQL query modification for adding this condition wont be tough.. In case you require help, create a normal report with this description filtering, then take the SQL query by clicking "show SQL" - then from that SQL query you can copy  the condition part and paste it your report..

• Unless I'm going blind here (wouldn't surprise me) there isn't an option to filter input elements for the custom chart resource. You can either directly select the interfaces for monitoring or use the "current network object" for data. The Filter option merely applies to filtering the number of records i.e. top 5% rather than filtering out by a specified parameter such as interface description.

• Surely- when you're creating the datasource for the Custom Chart select the "Dynamic Query Builder" Option:

3-26-2014 7-18-48 PM.png

• Actually I overlooked that (whoops!) so thanks for pointing it out. It's half working, however I had to use Full Name rather than Description to get it to work for some reason.

Only issue is it's showing all ports with that description across all devices and not just the node in question. I thought perhaps doing an Interface.NodeID = Node.NodeID would do the trick but apparently not. Nor will it let me do ${NodeID}. Any suggestions?