This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Can't get data grid service to start

FormerMember
FormerMember

Hi all, we just started using Patch Management to get a handle on third party application updates.  It worked great, but then of course I had to go and apply windows updates to the server and rebooted that server.  Now Patch Management isn't working.  The Data Grid Service will not start.  I'm a little nervous about changing the password on the ewdgssvc account without knowing the full impact if I do that.  Can anyone shed some light on this?  The server is a Windows Server 2008 R2 fully patched.  If there's any other info needed let me know.

• The only real impact of modifying your service account username or password is that you'll have to retype all your stored credentials. I'd start with this first as it has little impact either way.

Try resetting the password for the ewdgssvc account you have set, and then see if the service will start. Here's a KB on how to do that. SolarWinds Knowledge Base :: Changing the account or password used for the Patch Manager service

If that doesn't work we can enable logging to isolate the specific issue that is occurring.

1. On the Patch Manager server open regedit and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EminentWare\Logging

2. Modify the value for Enable to 1.

3. Modify the value for Level to 3.

4 Try to start the service and wait for it to fail.

5. Once it fails go ahead and paste in the resulting datagrid logs. These will be in the Patch Manager Server directory (C:\Program Files\SolarWinds\Patch Manager\Server) and looks something like EminentWare.DataGridService.exe.43265.1328.0001.log.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to David_Di_Blasio

Thank you so much.  This worked!