18 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2014 4:20 AM by olha.zelena

Alert Central fails to send alert emails, "Error attempting to notify..."

charliemsmith

Alert Central will not consistently push alert emails to assigned mail-boxes. After
      several successful alert distributions, AC will encounter “Error attempting to
      notify someone@somewhere”.
      If I delete the user and re-create the user AC will
      successfully deliver future alerts. Although, after recreating the user in AC, another
      user will error with same error.  Please
      help.

• Re: Alert Central fails to send alert emails, "Error attempting to notify..."
            jeff.cox

I'm getting the same error.

I have about 85k recurrences of this: 15:19:35.625 [EmailPoller-1] ERROR c.solarwinds.oncall.common.crypt.AES - Decryption Error... To Solve: Reset username/password fields in config files then restart the application.

Which username and password is it referencing?  I tried the email send/receive accounts, no change.

oleg.zastavnyi

Hi, usually it happens when you move database to the new appliance (or use database recovery mechanism). So, the our security is working here. All that you need is just to reset password of your integration email source.

jeff.cox

I reset the passwords for the send/receive email accounts.  I'm still seeing the following quite regularly in the logs:

09:44:51.710 [EmailPoller-1] ERROR c.solarwinds.oncall.common.crypt.AES - Decryption Error... To Solve: Reset username/password fields in config files then restart the application.

java.lang.NullPointerException: null

at java.nio.ByteBuffer.wrap(ByteBuffer.java:392) ~[na:1.7.0_04]

at com.solarwinds.oncall.common.crypt.AES.decrypt(AES.java:117) ~[oncall-common-1.1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar:na]

at com.solarwinds.oncall.logic.SettingsLogic.getValue(SettingsLogic.java:101) [oncall-logic-1.1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar:na]

at com.solarwinds.oncall.logic.SettingsLogic.getStringValue(SettingsLogic.java:113) [oncall-logic-1.1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar:na]

at com.solarwinds.oncall.logic.SettingsLogic$$FastClassByCGLIB$$a46c911.invoke(<generated>) [cglib-2.2.2.jar:na]

at net.sf.cglib.proxy.MethodProxy.invoke(MethodProxy.java:204) [cglib-2.2.2.jar:na]

at org.springframework.aop.framework.Cglib2AopProxy$DynamicAdvisedInterceptor.intercept(Cglib2AopProxy.java:618) [spring-aop-3.1.1.RELEASE.jar:3.1.1.RELEASE]

at com.solarwinds.oncall.logic.SettingsLogic$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$a42dc676.getStringValue(<generated>) [cglib-2.2.2.jar:na]

at com.solarwinds.oncall.email.EmailPollerImpl.getEmailSettings(EmailPollerImpl.java:167) [oncall-email-1.1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar:na]

at com.solarwinds.oncall.email.EmailPollerImpl.access$400(EmailPollerImpl.java:71) [oncall-email-1.1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar:na]

at com.solarwinds.oncall.email.EmailPollerImpl$FetchEmail.run(EmailPollerImpl.java:273) [oncall-email-1.1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar:na]

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471) [na:1.7.0_04]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(FutureTask.java:351) [na:1.7.0_04]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:178) [na:1.7.0_04]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:178) [na:1.7.0_04]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293) [na:1.7.0_04]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110) [na:1.7.0_04]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603) [na:1.7.0_04]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722) [na:1.7.0_04]