This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Ticket Custom Field Dependencies

Is it possible to create multi-level ticket custom fields?  For example, I want a user to select the request type "IT Services", and then be presented with a Single Choice Ticket Custom Field like follows:

What kind of issue are you having?

* Internet

* Virus

* Software

* Jabberwocky Attacks

And then, based on their selection, ANOTHER ticket custom field would appear, like another single choice:

(if Jabberwocky Attacks was selected)

Please select your desired response.

* Ambulance

* Gatorade

* A Swift Kick

Is something like this possible?

• I've only been working with the product for a couple days - conducting a quick deploy for the organization. Anyhow, I have not been able to find something along these lines. Everything I'm seeing with custom fields is pretty simple with no behind the scenes logic built in, yet.

If you haven't already, I would recommend visiting the Features Request section and submitting the idea. I know I would use it.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

I agree, that this would be a great idea.  Try posting it in the Feature Request section here: Web Help Desk Feature Requests

Then, other users can vote on it.

Good luck!