This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Has anyone been able to make the 'Browse for Logo' option in the NPM Web Reports work?

I would like to put a custom logo on some of my reports and I thought that I should be able to do it using the "Browse for Logo" button when creating a new web report.

2014-02-26 09_52_15-Edit Report.jpg

However, all I get when I browse for a logo (.JPG) file and select the one I want is a little rectangle with a black box / white X in it.

Has anyone been able to use this feature or is it just broken by design?  I have a ticket open with SW (#585373) but so far the only thing they have suggested is to replace the header.jpg file in the SolarWinds program directory.  Since I do not wish to change the logo for EVERY report, this really isn't an option.

• Randy,

I haven't had any issues with JPGs or PNGs (< 600x240 resolution.) I'll ping the support team.

• Thanks Rob. I definitely am using JPS and PNGs that are <600x240 resolution. No joy.

• Randy,

I was having the same issue. I use Google Chrome almost exclusively for a browser. I switched to Internet Explorer and was successful in uploading and changing the logo.

Robert

• Hi Randy,

I have been testing the "Browse for Logo" button in reporting and works fine for me.

I am using NPM 10.7. I have tried it in browsers: IE9, IE10, Firefox v 29.0.1, Chrome version 35.0.1916.114 m

My logo pictures have resolution 600x240 pixels. I have tried formats JPG and also PNG.

If you have still issue with "Browse for Logo" button, please reply:

1) what version of NPM are you using

2) which browser and version

3) attach your logo picture

thanks

Libor

• I am also having issues with the Web Generated reports displaying my logo with IE 11. Logo looks great in Chrome.

well, apparently, its no longer working in Chrome now..

wth..

• 1 - ncm 7.3.2, core 2014.2.1

2. chrome 37.0.2062.124m, Firefox 33.0, IE 10.0.9300.17089

DTS-Logo-Mini-Trans-75px.png

• Our QA guys just did another pass on this functionality using those browsers- no issues. Support case may be best so we can dig in.

• OK I know this post is old but just in case anyone else comes across this I was having the same issue and found it was down to us using a DNS entry to access the web console. We normally use http://solarwinds to access the system and logos don't display or upload on there (so you think as you get the black box) but if I change the link to http://servername everything works as expected and even the logos uploaded using the first link display properly.

EDIT: Note that this is only for IE11 on Windows 7. On an older XP build machine I have lying around with IE8 the http://solarwinds link functions as expected.

• Hi Rob, I've confirmed andygreenough's workaround posted below your comment and that indeed seems to be the issue.  When using the servername the logo displays fine in reports but when using a DNS name (which many clients use) or an IP Address (which some use) then it does not display correctly at all.  I've tried this with multiple browsers.  I tried it on NPM 11.5.2 just yesterday.  Have you guys made any progress on this or found a permanent fix that doesn't require always using the server name?

Thanks

• 4 years later and still not working. We use HTTPS with a web cert and the servers dns name.