This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Failed to publish...Failed to sign package; error was: 2147942403

I have an eval of Patch Manager.  I have WSUS and Patch Manager both running on the same test server.  WSUS is a fresh install using built in DB and is working fine, two clients are connecting to it and updating.  Patch Manger is installed also using locally installed SQL express the installation installed.  First Time Usage Wizard fails to install 3rd party updates when trying to publish them.  Going to Software Publishing > Adobe Packages > and trying to publish Flash Player 11.9.900.170 ActiveX MSI (zip) (Upgrade) fails.  Error is: Failed to publish Flash Player 11.9.900.170 ActiveX MSI (zip) (Upgrade). Failed to sign package; error was: 2147942403.  I have tried other packages, all fail.  I have tried to re-distribute my certificate via the Server Publishing Setup Wizard.  It completes with no errors.

I also checked the box to verify the certificate when publishing and got the following result: The server has the required certificates for publishing. The WSUS server API version: 3.2.7600.256 and the WSUS client API version: 3.2.7600.256 are a match.

What would be the next steps to resolve this?

Message was edited by: Charles Scherrey

• I got this fixed.  I found that my test server had WSUS installed once before and was uninstalled.  That left the shares WsusContent and UpdateServicesPackages pointed to the wrong folders.  I pointed these shares to the correct directories and everything is working fine now.