This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Asset Connection to Lansweeper needs a Custom field to Custom field attribute mapping.

Hi,

I've just upgraded to version 12 of WHD and other than getting adjusted to the orange icons, everything is going well.

I was very impressed to discover the Asset Discovery Connection to Lansweeper, which we also have and use as our asset controller.

After getting the WHD to connect to Lansweepers SQL, I started looking at the Attribute Mappings.

After a lot of fiddling around, I think I have got the best setup running, but I could really do with a configurable Custom field in WHD, that can be connected to a Custom field in Lansweeper.

We have a manual Asset labelling system which is our recorded Asset number.

Due to the way Lansweeper discovers devices and records it's own Unique ID, we are entering our Asset ID into a Custom Field.

Having the option to attach that Custom field to either WHD's Asset ID or a Custom field would make searching Assets an awful lot easier.

Can this be done to the next version?

Cheers,

Barry.

• This already works as you described, and I have mine set up that way. Create a custom field in the Assets section of setup. Then go to Discovery Connections, click Lansweeper, and your custom field will appear at the bottom with a drop-down of Lansweeper attributes. Select one of the Custom1-Custom20 attributes. You will need to check in Lansweeper to see which custom attribute number you use for the Asset Number.

• Excellent!

I had just missed the Asset Custom Fields in WHD! D'oh!

Cheers for pointing that out. I will try it out now.

Cheers,

Barry.