This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How does "<AllowDuplicateNodes></AllowDuplicateNodes>" work in Discovery Profiles?

FormerMember
FormerMember

I'd like to use the DiscoverNodes table as a way to import nodes which are discovered but I only want to populate that table with nodes which aren't being managed already. Is that what <AllowDuplicateNodes>false</AllowDuplicateNodes> is for? If I set that to true, does the discovery remove items which are already nodes? I can't seem to find that documented or a way in the web that indicates this is even an option? Does setting this to true get me where I want to be?

• Ifcowart,

AllowDuplicateNodes to True will allow to import duplicated node if exists on other polling engine.

Example:

• you have already node with IP 1.1.1.1 monitored on engine 1
    • run discovery on engine 2 and it finds another node with IP 1.1.1.1 (it can be the same or other node)
    • if this settings is true then discovery imports it otherwise not

Orion will de-duplicate nodes already discovered through Discovery profile in case of importing through SDK.