This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Messages confirming sucessful database backup and reorg of storage manager database

I am backing up the storage manager database using the dbutil program. I see the db.maintenence.log file and it has info for files copied and the server stopped and started.  I am wondering if there is anywhere else I can look to confirm the database backup was sucessfull.  If not, what should I be looking for in this file to know if it failed.

Also, I will be doing a reorg using the same utility.  Will that output go to the same file and what should I be looking for to ensure it was sucessful.

TIA

• If you are performing the backup of your database, and if you could see the statement in log with " XXX File(s) copied" without any errors during execution, then the database is copied successfully.

You can verify the database size in backup location that you have mentioned in dbutils.bat/sh file and the actual database in "<Storage manager installation directory>/mariadb/storage" directory.

If you face any errors during backing up your database, then please try to perform backup again.

If you are performing Maintenance on your database and if there are any errors you have faced during fixing the index (MYISAMCHK) of any crashed tables, please go through this link which provides you guidance on handling errors with Crashed tables.

SolarWinds Knowledge Base :: How to Run a myisamchk to Resolve Crashed MariaDB Tables