3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2017 10:21 AM by rschroeder

UnDP Report Writer Help

gl3nn13

Hi There,

I was wondering if anyone could help?

I have opened the 'Universal Device Poller Summary Status' on a view and selected the SmartUPS OID upsAdvBatteryReplaceIndicator (Shown Below). I then realised that I could not define locations.

UnDP.PNG

I would like to be able to create the same resource in Report Writer so that I can define certain objects such as Location.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Glenn

• Re: UnDP Report Writer Help
          zackm

Try this (hide the NodeID field from the results set to make the device names hyperlinks to the node details page for each one):

SELECT
            N.NODEID,
            N.CAPTION AS 'DEVICE',
            N.LOCATION AS 'LOCATION',
            CPS.STATUS AS 'CURRENT STATUS',
            CPS.DATETIME AS 'LAST POLLED'
          FROM NODES N
          JOIN CUSTOMPOLLERASSIGNMENT CPA ON N.NODEID = CPA.NODEID
          JOIN CUSTOMPOLLERSTATUS CPS ON CPA.CUSTOMPOLLERASSIGNMENTID = CPS.CUSTOMPOLLERASSIGNMENTID
          WHERE CPA.CUSTOMPOLLERID IN (SELECT CUSTOMPOLLERID FROM CUSTOMPOLLERS WHERE UNIQUENAME = 'UPSADVBATTERYREPLACEINDICATOR')
          ORDER BY CPS.STATUS, N.LOCATION, N.CAPTION

- ZackM

http://www.loop1systems.com

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              rschroeder

@Zack_Mutchler, I'd like to learn where your process is accomplished.  What you've pasted in looks like something from Notepad++, and I'm not sure where in NPM this data is created. Can you help me out by going through the beginning steps?  E.g.: 1) Login to NPM, or RDP to the Main Poller and start Report Writer, or Go into NPM and start up Alert Manager, then . . .

Rick Schroeder

gl3nn13

Hey There this is great!!!

Could I define the Status to just batteryNeedsReplacing and add a custom property called CustomerName defining just the Customer Name (neft)

Thanks

Glenn