5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2014 3:34 PM by KCWayner

NPM Report for Nodes added in the past week.

KCWayner

I have been trying to figure out how to create a report to show what nodes have been added to NPM in the past week.  Has anyone done this before and if so, can they share their report?  Any help is appreciated.

Wayne

• Re: NPM Report for Nodes added in the past week.
          mgibson

Search Thwack for " New nodes addded report"

ET

You can use [Events] as data source in your reports.

report.png

Or you can use audit events, but here you can use only Custom SQL as data source with this query.

SELECT data.* FROM AuditingEvents data

JOIN AuditingActionTypes types ON types.ActionTypeID = data.ActionTypeID

WHERE types.ActionType='Orion.NodeAdded' AND data.TimeLoggedUtc > ${FromTimeUTC}

KCWayner

Here is what I have been able to use so far (it only gives what has been added that day) but I'm not sure how to make it a report for the last week.  I am by no means a DBA.

select a.Caption, a.IP_Address, a.City, a.State, a.Priority, a.Primary_Contact,

from dbo.Nodes a, dbo.Events b

where a.NodeID = b.NetObjectID and

datepart(year, b.EventTime ) = datepart(year, GetDate()) and

datepart(month, b.EventTime) = datepart(month, GetDate()) and

datepart(day, b.EventTime) = datepart(day, GetDate()) and

b.EventType = 9

KCWayner

ok.  after some digging I found a way to get the last 7 days but I don't know how it will work when it is the beginning of the month. here is what I have now.

where a.NodeID = b.NetObjectID and

datepart(year, b.EventTime ) = datepart(year, GetDate()) and

datepart(month, b.EventTime) = datepart(month, GetDate()) and

datepart(day, b.EventTime) >= datepart(day,DATEADD(day,-7,GetDate())) and

b.EventType = 9