This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Delegated administration of LEM

I am currently evaluating LEM for my enterprise.

Is there a way I can grant specific users access to view events from only specific nodes that LEM monitors?

I want a group of people to be able to see events and run nDepth queries only on a specific set of servers and I don't want them to have access to see network/firewall events. Is that possible?

The only thing I've found so far are the user roles, but even the auditor or monitor role gives access to all nodes.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Evan's right - the only thing you can do is use monitor users and set up their filters to be restricted. They can see that a node exists, but they can't really do anything with it, and they can only see the filters that you set up for that user.

Set user to regular user (admin or auditor so they can create filters)

Log in as that user, configure their Monitor view to only show what data you want them to see

Set user to monitor user

Log them back in

Data visibility roles have been requested, here's the feature request on Thwack to vote/comment on: