This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Unexpected query results via Orion SDK 1.8 / PowerShell

FormerMember
FormerMember

Hi all,

Ok, so I have a quandry from the guy who integrates our network automation PS scripts into/onto the production boxen.

So I did a little testing on this and got some unexpected results.

I used the Get-SwisData command directly using the same queries that we embedded in the functions, and surprisingly the device status seldom changes from ChildStatus = 1, StatusName = Up.  Even when the device and interface were fully Unmanaged the query still returned these two values.

Only if you are quick – and I mean really quick – and run the query at the right time just after the device has been set back to Manage, will you see it flip to ChildStatus = 0, StatusName = ‘Unknown’

[<OurServerName>]: PS C:\Users\Uzer\Documents> $QueryToUse
  SELECT N.ChildStatus, SI.StatusName FROM Orion.Nodes N INNER JOIN Orion.StatusInfo SI ON SI.StatusId = N.ChildStatus WHERE N.NodeID = '915'
  [<OurServerName>]: PS C:\Users\Uzer\Documents> $result = Get-SwisData $swis $QueryToUse
  [<OurServerName>]: PS C:\Users\Uzer\Documents> $result

ChildStatus StatusName
----------- ----------
     1 Up

[<OurServerName>]: PS C:\Users\Uzer\Documents> $result = Get-SwisData $swis $QueryToUse

ChildStatus StatusName
----------- ----------
     1 Up

ChildStatus StatusName
----------- ----------
     1 Up

ChildStatus StatusName
----------- ----------
     0 Unknown

ChildStatus StatusName
----------- ----------
     1 Up

Is this expected behavior, or am I looking in the 'wrong place' for this info?

Thanks,
Scott Fraley