This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Can't divide a transformed (CtoF) temperature poller

FormerMember
FormerMember

I am bashing my head against a wall...

So, I have Avaya ERS4500 switches on my network and I am trying to get the temperature to be displayed correctly in F.  The switch's sensor reads by 1/2 degrees celcius (value 100 = 50 degrees celcius) and I want to display it in Farenheit.  I have entered every combination I could think of and it tests just fine on the server in every case but in the web application it shows the celcius temperature.  It doesn't do the conversion in addition to the division.

I've tried:

CtoF({s5ChasTmpSnrTmpValue})/2

CtoF({s5ChasTmpSnrTmpValue}/2)

(CtoF({s5ChasTmpSnrTmpValue}))/2

All three calculate correctly on the server's UnDP application but it doesn't display correctly in the web display.

Things to note:

I cannot access the web display directly from the server (admin accounts can't access web).

I am running NPM 10.3

I am running Internet Explorer 8

I can't upgrade my browser or get a new one.  We are trying to get the new 10.7 NPM, but it takes a while to get anything approved.

Strange:

Whenever I edit the transformation it divides the value again. (ie. 72 turns to 36 turns to 18.. 9.. 4.5)

• Hi,

I have created similar scenario.

- I have created poller ifNumber to poll number of interfaces. (It doesn't matter what number you divide or transform)

- Then I have created transformed poller "Transf" like this:

The transformation formula is CtoF({ifNumber}/2)

- First it divides poller by 2, then coverts to Fahrenheit.

Make sure that you have the poller and the transformer assigned to the same node.

Roman

poller.png

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to roman.tatar

Well, I have upgraded to 10.6.1.  from 10.3 and my switches have been upgraded to version 5.7.009 from 5.4.1.  My previously created poller works in the upgrade.  I don't know what was wrong but I think it had to do with the NPM web application.  I don't understand why you have interface number poller and calculating based on that...  but I had that exact expression in a previous try with the temperature sensor SNMP value.  I appreciate the reply though.

• You are correct. Transforming number of interfaces into Fahrenheits really doesn't make sense. That was just example for transformation formula.