This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Orion Report issues

Hi all, I'm having an issue when trying to view a custome report via the Solarwinds web console.

When I select the report I am shown the following:

95th Percentile Traffic Rate - Last Month - BT WAN interfaces - Traffic order

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid column name 'Maxbps_In95'. Invalid column name 'Maxbps_Out95'. Invalid column name 'Maxbps_95'. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning() at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData() at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) at SolarWinds.Orion.Common.SqlHelper.ExecuteReader(SqlCommand command, SqlConnection connection, SqlTransaction transaction, CommandBehavior behavior) at SolarWinds.Orion.Web.Reporting.OrionReport.QueryData(String query, String orderBy, String grouping, String filter, Dictionary`2 macroContext) at SolarWinds.Orion.Web.Reporting.ReportRunner.WorkerProc()

I'm not too clued in when it comes to SQL so I have no idea where to start on debugging this, so if anyone could point me in the right direction I'd be so thankful! (Note, I can export the output of the report from the server to PDF format correctly, it's only when I try and view it via a web browser that I am getting this issue)

Any help would be greatly appreciated emoticons_grin.png

• Hello,

Do you have any limitation when you showing that report? Could you please post that report here. in Default stored under c:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\Reports\

• Hi there,

When I double click the report in the Orion/Reports folder it opens up the Orion Report writer as usual.

Both the 'Preview' and 'Execute SQL Query' buttons work within the report writer and generate the report, but no luck when trying to view it in the Orion Web Console.

Here's the SQL of the report:

DECLARE @StartDate DateTime
    DECLARE @EndDate DateTime

SET @StartDate = DATEADD(d, DATEDIFF(d, 0, DATEADD(m, -1, DATEADD(d, 1 - day(getdate()), getdate()))), 0)
    SET @EndDate = DATEADD(ms, -2,DATEADD(d, DATEDIFF(d, 0, DATEADD(d, 1 - day(getdate()), getdate())), 0))

SELECT
    Nodes.Caption AS NodeName,  
    Interfaces.Caption AS Interface_Caption,
    Maxbps_In95,
    Maxbps_Out95,
    Maxbps_95
    FROM Nodes
    INNER JOIN Interfaces
    ON (Nodes.NodeID = Interfaces.NodeID)
    ---------------------
    INNER JOIN
    (
    SELECT InterfaceID, dbo.GetInBps95th(AA.InterfaceID, @StartDate, @EndDate) AS Maxbps_In95
    FROM (
      SELECT DISTINCT A.InterfaceID
      FROM dbo.InterfaceTraffic A
      WHERE A.DateTime >= @StartDate AND A.DateTime <=  @EndDate
    ) AS AA
    ) as RESULT_IN
    ON (Interfaces.InterfaceID = RESULT_IN.InterfaceID)
    ---------------------
    INNER JOIN
    (
    SELECT InterfaceID, dbo.GetOutBps95th(AA.InterfaceID, @StartDate, @EndDate) AS Maxbps_Out95
    FROM (
    ) AS AA
    ) as RESULT_OUT
    ON (Interfaces.InterfaceID = RESULT_OUT.InterfaceID)
    ---------------------
    INNER JOIN
    (
    SELECT InterfaceID, dbo.GetMaxBps95th(AA.InterfaceID, @StartDate, @EndDate) AS Maxbps_95
    FROM (
    ) AS AA
    ) as RESULT_MAX
    ON (Interfaces.InterfaceID = RESULT_MAX.InterfaceID)
    ---------------------
    WHERE Nodes.Caption LIKE 'br-%'
    AND Interfaces.Caption NOT LIKE '%Core%'
    ORDER BY Maxbps_In95 DESC, Maxbps_out95 DESC

• What's your NPM version?

Can you try to remove all single line comments (---------)

• Removal of the comments worked!

Thank you! emoticons_grin.png