This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

WHD Mobile

Thought I would have a play with WHD Mobile for the iPhone however there doesn't seem to be a guide on how to set it up, can anyone enlighten me on what settings need to be changed to gain access through the iPhone, does anything need doing on the server itself to gain access?

• I don't recall doing anything on the server to get it working. As long as you have your server set correctly in the app and your credentials are good you should be all set.

Is there a particular spot you're getting to and not sure about? Or is your setup good, but you're not getting a connection?

• Tried every combination of server, password and username, but wasn't sure if anything else had to be configured on the server to allow access

• I'm sorry - I wish I could be more help... Out of curiosity, do you have any problems getting to your WHD login page through Safari on your iPhone?

• No it doesn't it hangs when typing in the address

• Are you on the same network as your WHD installation?

Edit: Sorry, I only ask because when some of our techs started using mobile they had problems too and it wound up being partially our setup (no WHD access from the outside world) and partially their phones (no Wi-Fi, cell data only).

• Vote on my poll and maybe they'll update the app to make it easier to use.    

• Considering the number of posts about this, how mobile view and mobile apps have been in discussion and "development" for over 4 years, and considering there has been Zero progress made so far, I wouldn't hold my breath.

In this day and age, how is a web-based ticketing system not at least mobile-view friendly?  What's the rationale behind not being able to create a ticket in mobile view? Why does mobile view not work all the time and why is there no provision to easily switch back and forth between the full and mobile view?

Just like with considerable reporting limitations, I've resigned myself to the fact I might never see a fix to either of these limitations.   Again - not expecting any answers from SolarWinds whatsoever as all they do is put in feature requests and promise to have devs look into it, and instead it will languish for years.

Without robust reporting and a functional mobile view or app, we will likely end up migrating to something else before the next renewal.

It's too bad as there is a lot to like about WHD.

Just to add a little more insight into the requests, here are multiple feature requests for mobile-related concerns and Reporting-related concerns:

Mobile related

- Created in 2013. Status - Being Worked on.

- Created in 2013. Status - Being Worked on.

- Created in 2014.

All these issues/concerns/requests could be addressed with a fully functional web-view portal for WHD.

Reporting Related

Obviously, reporting is lacking and feature requests have pretty much been ignored. If nothing will be done to improve reporting, how about allowing us to link to the database with Crystal Reports or PowerBI?