This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to create a report with the total of several VM's network IO?

Hi,

I know I can create a report/dashboard where I can display the historical network IO of selected VMs. Selected either by name or folder.

Is is possible to sum up all IO values so that I get a graph of the total IO for all VMs?

Many thanks!

Joern

• Hi Joern,

you can see historical network IO (or any other statistics) when you create a "Top-N: widget in a Dashboard, insert SQL query and select "Net Throughput" as an Overlay graph.

pastedImage_1.png

If you want to sum the Network Throughput of all VMs you can do that via Trends:

1. perform an SQL query ( i.e. "vm.folder.name:Folder1") and press "Trend Results" button

VMAN_Trend01.png

2. keep Scope tab unchanged, on "Criteria" tab choose an attribute you want to see (e.g. "vm.netThroughput") and save the Trend

VMAN_Trend02.png

3. In Reporting - Business Views you cans see the new trend (it's necessary to switch from Facets to Trends view on the top left corner).

4. In any Dashboard you can create a new "Trend" widget and display the newly created trend (or more trends in one widget), eventually export the results into the PDF format.

pastedImage_24.png

Note: by default the Trends job is launched every 4 hours so the Attribute should return "hour" statistics, not "latest". Period of the Trend job can be modified in Setup - Advanced Setup - System Properties menu, "Hourly interval for Trend Execution" property. But it's not recommended that the value is changed.

Let us know if you have additional questions or comments.