1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 22, 2014 10:45 PM by tdanner

Looking for verification of table choices for use in gathering performance metrics

scottfraley

The other day my boss asked me to look into getting performance data from/via the Orion SDK. Namely "Device CPU and Memory" and "Interface bandwidth in and out (ingress/egress)"

So, I wanted to verify that I've got the proper tables for said info. It looks like I want /Orion.CPULoad/ and /Orion.NPM.InterfaceTraffic/ respectively, correct?

Also, I'm a bit confused by the schema page (*\SolarWinds\Orion SDK\Schema\3.0\Orion.CPULoad.html) where it shows the last field, 'Node' and says "Defined by relationship Orion.NodesHostsCPULoad (System.Hosting)." My confusion springs from my inability to find either System.Hosting or Orion.NodesHostsCPULoad. Am I missing some other documentation, or... ?

Thanks,
      Scott

• Re: Looking for verification of table choices for use in gathering performance metrics
          tdanner

Are you looking for historical data such as you would use to make a chart? If so, you are looking at the right entities.

You can get last 24 hour CPU and Memory utilization with a query like this:

SELECT CPULoad.Node.Caption, NodeID, DateTime, AvgLoad, TotalMemory, AvgMemoryUsed, AvgPercentMemoryUsed
          FROM Orion.CPULoad
          WHERE NodeID=2 AND HOURDIFF(DateTime,GETUTCDATE())<24

Similarly for traffic in/out and Orion.NPM.InterfaceTraffic. On Orion.CPULoad, "Node" is a navigation property. It gives access to the properties of the associated node. In my query above, I used it to get access to the "Caption" property of the node. It is short-hand for a JOIN clause.

Hope that helps.