2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2016 3:40 PM by antwesor

Problems with a package in patch manager

debra.pinson@af-group.com

I have opened a ticket but looking for advice here too.  I took an existing package in patch manager for adobe reader 11 which has an msi installer download.  I added a transform file and the switch TRANSFORM=acroread.mst.  The file was customized by the adobe tool.  Before I add the transform I can publish and deploy the install.  However, when the mst file is added I get a message that it does not exist in the database or that the file is not signed when I try to publish.   I also used one that has an exe installer for version 11 and added switches to the install.  The full line of switches including what was already there is:  /sAll DISABLE_ARM_SERVICE_INSTALL=1 /MSI EULA_ACCEPT=YES SUPPRESS_APP_LAUNCH=YES REMOVE_PREVIOUS=YES     It publishes and deploys fine and is silent but the other switches are ignored.  Has anyone been dealing with this?  I can add a registry update to install after this runs but there is a delay and users have issues.  This is version 1.85.

• Re: Problems with a package in patch manager
          Lawrence Garvin

I added a transform file and the switch TRANSFORM=acroread.mst.

The correct switch is TRANSFORMS=. KB4187 describes how to include a transform file with an MSI-based package.

However, when the mst file is added I get a message that it does not exist in the database.

Can you provide the exact text of the error message?

or that the file is not signed when I try to publish.

Did you sign the file?

The full line of switches including what was already there is:  /sAll DISABLE_ARM_SERVICE_INSTALL=1 /MSI EULA_ACCEPT=YES SUPPRESS_APP_LAUNCH=YES REMOVE_PREVIOUS=YES.  It publishes and deploys fine and is silent but the other switches are ignored.

How did you determine they were ignored? Which ones do you beleve were ignored? I'm not aware there's any requirement to specify EULA_ACCEPT or SUPPRESS_APP_LAUNCH when running a silent install. (An inspection of the package published with Patch Manager will show that we do not use those flags in our packages.)  REMOVE_PREVIOUS happens automatically when you do an upgrade of Adobe Reader.

• Re: Problems with a package in patch manager
            antwesor

Did you ever get this question answered? I am also having troubles with the EULA_ACCEPT=YES switch getting ignored. Thanks for your help.