This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Can't login to Cisco WLC 2504 with Cattools 3.2.1

Hello,

I have been trying forever to automate a backup of our Cisco 2504 Controller with Kiwi Cattools.  Unfortunately, we have version 3.2.1 and there is no specific WLC device to pick in the drop-down device list.  However, I should be able to configure custom prompts to at least login and run some tests. 

I was wondering if there is any way to put wildcards or carriage returns in any of the prompts box?  When you telnet/SSH to this WLC, there is a carriage return, the name of the controller, another carriage return then a User prompt.  I ran a debug and this happens over and over:

<NEWSESSION Kiwi CatTools 3.2.1 1/13/2014 4:41:23 PM>

<PROTOCOL=SSH2>

<DEVICENAME=controller name>

<SCRIPT=C:\Program Files\CatTools3\Scripts\Client.Device.CLI.Send commands.txt>

<C OK 4:41:23 PM><R-4:41:24 PM>[13][10](controller name) [13][10]User:

================================================================================

WFMDRetVal=1 Waiting for: "[13][10](controller name) [13][10]user: "

WFMDRetVal=2 Waiting for: "Password required, but none set"

WFMDRetVal=3 Waiting for: "[13][10](controller name) [13][10]user: "

WFMDBuffer="[13][10](controller name) [13][10]user: "

Tried with Telnet too:

<NEWSESSION Kiwi CatTools 3.2.1 1/13/2014 4:20:31 PM>

<PROTOCOL=Telnet>

<DEVICENAME=controller name>

<SCRIPT=C:\Program Files\CatTools3\Scripts\Client.Device.CLI.Send commands.txt>

<C OK 4:20:31 PM><R-4:20:31 PM>[13][10](controller name) [13][10]User:

================================================================================

WFMDRetVal=1 Waiting for: "[13][10](controller name) [13][10]User: "

WFMDRetVal=2 Waiting for: "Password required, but none set"

WFMDRetVal=3 Waiting for: "[13][10](controller name) [13][10]User: "

WFMDBuffer="[13][10](controller name) [13][10]user: "

You can see the Kiwi sees this "[13][10](controller name) [13][10]User: " but it doesn't like it when its in the prompts box cuz of the carriage return.

I'm at wit's end with this thing.  We can't upgrade KCT right now due to budget, but I would love to get this automated backup working.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,