1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 29, 2014 11:20 AM by fcpsolaradmin

Apache frontend error

fcpsolaradmin

Good Morning-

I need some apache and tomcat help

I am experiencing intermittent issues with my apache frontend (using mod_ajp) serving Tomcat backend.

taking from site error log:

[Sun Jan 12 13:53:54 2014] [error] ajp_read_header: ajp_ilink_receive failed

[Sun Jan 12 13:53:54 2014] [error] (70007)The timeout specified has expired: proxy: read response failed from "backend server":8009 (Backend server)

The page will return
      "Service Temporarily Unavailable"

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

I did raise the max number of database connections in my tomcat config from 10 to 20. But I have a feeling the issue is more than this..

Update

It looks like the connections from apache to tomcat are not closing, which after time is causing tomcat to quit responding to apache requests

• Re: Apache frontend error
          fcpsolaradmin

Modified the tomcat_server_template.xml and it seems to now be closing the connections

<!-- Define an AJP 1.3 Connector on port 8009 -->
              <Connector port="8009" address="WHD Server IP" protocol="AJP/1.3" maxthreads="200" connectionTimeout="3000" redirectPort="@@@WEBHELPDESK_REDIRECT_PORT@@@" />

had to add the address="WHD Server IP" maxthreads="200" and connectiontimeout="3000"

in the Apache virtual host settings I added time=300

ProxyPass  /  ajp://tomcatserver:8009/ timeout=300

The connection now successfully goes from Established to FIN_WAIT_2 then closes completely after WHD web page is closed.