This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Reload the default list of OUDP objects

FormerMember
FormerMember

I'm currently working on a production Orion NPM system that seems to have a subset of the pollers I would expect, eg there are no HP or linux pollers. Does anyone have a list of the default list of pollers and how they can be reloaded?

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to ryoung

LOL you mean RTFM emoticons_happy.png

Yes I have been reading it, and the actual answer to my question was about views.

Linux is natively discovered by NPM, however there are two issues

1: The information displayed need to be set up in "views by vendor"

2: The vendor matching is a bit shite and especially for net-snmp based nodes, can be very variable resulting in linux boxes ending up in different groups based on their dist, while a range of other linux based appliances (firewalls, proxies, linux based network appliances etc) all ending up in the net-snmp bucket even though they are in fact quite different beasts.

I have another thumb out at the moment asking about how to manually do the vendor groupings to sanitise the vendor listings but my hope is small.