This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Display all computers that do not have a particular program

FormerMember
FormerMember

I'm new to patch manager and trying to make a custom report that shows me all the computers that do not have Symantec Endpoint installed. I've tried looking at the Patch Manager documentation but I'm having a hard time coming up with a way to just show a list of computer names that do not have a particular program. I have been trying to modify the configuration management report - Installed Programs and Features and I can get a list of computers that do have Symantec installed but I'd like a way to get the reverse of that. Any ideas?

• Unfortunately this type of logic is not possible with Patch Manager because it is impossible to filter on non-existent data. The inventory captures what isInstalled.

The best option you can work from here is to export the list of machines that do have a particular application installed into Excel, Access, or SQL Server, and then run an outer join against the full list of machine names that were inventoried. This will allow you to obtain a list of the machines that are in the list but do not have the selected application installed..

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to LGarvin

Ok, thanks I will give this a try.