5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2014 3:36 AM by olha.zelena

Verification emails not working.

syncopix

Hello,

I've been trying to get Alert Central to work correctly since it first appeared. I've just deleted my VM appliance and deployed a new VM from the latest OVF (1.1.1.591) but the problem still persists.

I've configured AC to use Microsoft EWS for incoming emails. I add a new user and it correctly sends out a verification email. I reply to the email and via OWA I can see the email drop in the AC mailbox. The email then disappears but the user's account is still saying "Request sent".

I've tried the following:

1. Microsoft EWS for incoming mail.
      2. POP3 for incoming mail..
      3. IMAP for incoming mail.
      4. Changing my replies from HTML/Rich Text to Plain Text.

No luck so far.

I've created a support log bundle. In the oncall.log file I can see the following:

13:53:32.830 [WorkflowQueue Listener-1]  WARN c.s.o.w.WorkflowControllerImpl - Processing notification failure: notifId=7, alertId=0, error=null
      13:53:32.849 [WorkflowQueue Listener-1]  WARN c.s.o.w.WorkflowControllerImpl - Invalid notification failure: non-existing alert with id=0
      13:53:32.850 [WorkflowQueue Listener-1]  WARN c.s.o.w.WorkflowControllerImpl - Failed to process ParsedMessageResult: Invalid notification failure: Alert not found with ID=0
      13:55:30.422 [WorkflowQueue Listener-1]  WARN c.s.o.w.WorkflowControllerImpl - Processing notification failure: notifId=7, alertId=0, error=null
      13:55:30.427 [WorkflowQueue Listener-1]  WARN c.s.o.w.WorkflowControllerImpl - Invalid notification failure: non-existing alert with id=0
      13:55:30.427 [WorkflowQueue Listener-1]  WARN c.s.o.w.WorkflowControllerImpl - Failed to process ParsedMessageResult: Invalid notification failure: Alert not found with ID=0
      13:56:42.084 [WorkflowQueue Listener-2]  WARN c.s.o.w.WorkflowControllerImpl - Processing notification failure: notifId=8, alertId=0, error=null
      13:56:42.089 [WorkflowQueue Listener-2]  WARN c.s.o.w.WorkflowControllerImpl - Invalid notification failure: non-existing alert with id=0
      13:56:42.089 [WorkflowQueue Listener-2]  WARN c.s.o.w.WorkflowControllerImpl - Failed to process ParsedMessageResult: Invalid notification failure: Alert not found with ID=0
      14:08:05.218 [WorkflowQueue Listener-1]  WARN c.s.o.w.WorkflowControllerImpl - Processing notification failure: notifId=9, alertId=0, error=null
      14:08:05.222 [WorkflowQueue Listener-1]  WARN c.s.o.w.WorkflowControllerImpl - Invalid notification failure: non-existing alert with id=0
      14:08:05.222 [WorkflowQueue Listener-1]  WARN c.s.o.w.WorkflowControllerImpl - Failed to process ParsedMessageResult: Invalid notification failure: Alert not found with ID=0
      14:10:17.923 [WorkflowQueue Listener-2]  WARN c.s.o.w.WorkflowControllerImpl - Processing notification failure: notifId=10, alertId=0, error=null
      14:10:17.928 [WorkflowQueue Listener-2]  WARN c.s.o.w.WorkflowControllerImpl - Invalid notification failure: non-existing alert with id=0
      14:10:17.928 [WorkflowQueue Listener-2]  WARN c.s.o.w.WorkflowControllerImpl - Failed to process ParsedMessageResult: Invalid notification failure: Alert not found with ID=0

Where notifId matches the verification email ID (e.g. NID[10]).

Can anyone assist with this? I'm all out of ideas. Seems like a bug in AC.

Thanks.

• Re: Verification emails not working.
          olha.zelena

Hello,

Seems you've faced the same issue already reported here Email Not Processing and here After update to 1.1.1.591, AC does not react to Close e-mail.

In these posts you can find a temporary solution and preliminary information about hot-fix.

Best Wishes,

Olya

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • Re: Verification emails not working.
              syncopix

Thanks for the reply and the links. I've changed the logback-config.xml file to increase the verbosity of the logs and will try again.

One thing I have just is sending a verification email and then instead of replying from Outlook, I've send the reply by a telnet connection to an SMTP server and sending it directly. This has worked. So it looks like AC is not parsing the email correctly when sent from Outlook.

I'll test some more and see if I can nail it down.

• Re: Re: Verification emails not working.
                  syncopix

Hello,

I've increased the logging and here's what I see:

12:42:21.135 [EmailPoller-1] DEBUG c.s.oncall.email.EmailPollerImpl - Fetching emails...
                  12:42:21.306 [EmailPoller-1] DEBUG c.s.oncall.email.EmailPollerImpl - Found 1 messages on email server
                  12:42:21.367 [EmailPoller-1] TRACE c.s.oncall.email.EmailPollerImpl - Message Multipart content type: application/ms-tnef
                  12:42:21.369 [EmailPoller-1] TRACE c.s.oncall.email.EmailPollerImpl - # textPlainValue = validate
                  12:42:21.369 [EmailPoller-1] TRACE c.s.oncall.email.EmailPollerImpl - # textHtmlValue = null
                  12:42:21.369 [EmailPoller-1] TRACE c.s.oncall.email.EmailPollerImpl - # hasEmptyReturnPath = true
                  12:42:21.369 [EmailPoller-1] TRACE c.s.oncall.email.EmailPollerImpl - # isDeliveryStatusReport = false
                  12:42:21.369 [EmailPoller-1] DEBUG c.s.oncall.email.EmailPollerImpl - The email is most probably a bounce message.
                  12:42:21.410 [EmailQueue Listener-1] DEBUG c.s.o.e.p.MessageParserEngineImpl - Parsing message type='EMAIL_FAILURE', from='"Smith, Bill" <bsmith@domain.com>', subject='RE: Alert Central email validation - NID[16]'
                  12:42:21.414 [EmailQueue Listener-1] TRACE c.s.o.e.p.MessageParserEngineImpl -    HEADER = {x-ms-exchange-organization-authas=Internal, x-ms-exchange-organization-authsource=HUB04.domain.net, date=Wed, 1 Jan 2014 12:42:17 +0000, x-ms-exchange-organization-scl=-1, content-language=en-US, accept-language=en-GB, en-US, thread-index=Ac8G7t4P8C5UQ7OlT1Sh9M63xQHTcQ==, message-id=<C3512E66E60FD641AEB0380431F38AEB6FAF651B@MBX02.domain.net>, received=from MBX02.domain.net ([169.254.2.98]) by HUB04.domain.net ([10.224.70.62]) with mapi id 14.03.0146.000; Wed, 1 Jan 2014 12:42:17 +0000, x-ms-exchange-organization-authmechanism=03, from="Smith, Bill" <bsmith@domain.com>, content-type=application/ms-tnef, x-ms-tnef-correlator=<C3512E66E60FD641AEB0380431F38AEB6FAF651B@MBX02.domain.net>, content-transfer-encoding=binary, x-originating-ip=[10.224.70.61], thread-topic=RE: Alert Central email validation - NID[16], subject=RE: Alert Central email validation - NID[16], mime-version=1.0}

The Return-Path header isn't present which is what is being talked about here and here.

It's my understanding that Exchange won't add the Return-Path header on internal emails. Only when the email leaves the organisation will it add the Return-Path header. So when AC is configured to look at an internal Exchange server and you're replying using Outlook which is using the internal Exchange server, this is never going to work.

Hopefully the mentioned hotfix will resolve this issue.

Thanks.