1 of 1 people found this helpful
If you have NPM 10.6 you can use our new way of reporting.
Short introduction is in How to use the SolarWinds Orion® Report Writer - YouTube
I recommended add some Custom Tables to the report.
Thanks. We're currently using NPM 10.4.2. Upgrade to 10.6 may come later this year but I'd like know if i can combine and run the reports i wanted in Report writer.
There are lots of steps here, but this will achieve what you are looking for.
1) Create each of your required reports in report writer individually.
2) Duplicate and customise each report to filter on a custom property, creating a complete set of reports per customer.
3) Create a new view called "[Customer Name] Report", with 1 column the whole screen width
4) Add "report from report writer" resource multiple times, one for each of the reports (5 in your example)
5) Using Orion Report Scheduler, schedule to set a PDF of a web page, using the url of the above created view, suffixed with "&printable=true"
6) For bonus points, add a "custom HTML" resource as the first resource on the page and link to a logo in the /orion/images folder (e.g. company/customer logo)
7) For SUPER bonus points (and a headache every time the report needs slight modification), view the page source, copy and paste into a 2nd new view with only one custom HTML resource, then manually edit out all the resource headers, help and edit buttons etc. and putting in HTML page breaks (div style="page-break-before: always") between each resource. This step is a lot of work, but it does produce a professionally looking report.
Until Solarwinds add a dynamic search capability to reporting, you have to go through the steps above for each and every customer.
Hope this helps
This is good.Got the needed reports inline with a logo on top.. but I can't get around #7, it redirects me to my summary home page. Other than that, all is good. Thanks
I need some help on this: Where is the new view being created (Step 3)?
I know this post is over a year old at this point, it is super helpful. In regards to inserting HTML page breaks (div style="page-break-before: always") between each resource as you mentioned, I was able to remove buttons and headers, but not sure where to put in the page break. Could you assist with a specific html tag or resource that I could use to insert the page break into? If I could get this working, it would be the full solution.... I would appreciate any help at all. Thank you.