This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Network Atlas Not showing Links

FormerMember
FormerMember

Good afternoon all,

I am new to Solarwinds and my company uses Solarwinds extensively so I am trying to get up to speed with it.  I have been tasked with creating some network topology maps in Solarwinds and when I go into Network Atlas, I have added a couple of devices that I am know have a direct connection to one another.  I did a network discovery to make sure everything had been discovered but when I run connect now, I am not seeing a connection between the two devices and not sure what actions to take next.

For example I have two edge routers that are connected together via two 10Gig Interfaces using LAG

I also have a connection from the edge router to a 1Gig Interface on the firewall

When I put the two edge routers and the firewall on a map and then run connectnow, it shows that 0 networks are discovered.  I have read the forums and think I have done all that I need to do so that these connections should show up, but maybe I am missing something.

Any thoughts or assistance on what I might check would be appreciated.

Thanks

Wally

• Greetings Wally

One possibility here is the knowledge of the "connection" itself. Generally speaking, Network Atlas only handles managed nodes, and specifically connections must be associated with objects that were discovered with NPM or SAM. Nodes that were manually added to the NPM or SAM database cannot be linked with Network Atlas's ConnectNow feature, nor would nodes that were manually added directly to Network Atlas.

To map an entire network, including nodes and object not managed by NPM or SAM, you can use Network Topology Mapper (NTM). The maps produced by NTM can be imported into Network Atlas and used within NPM and SAM. A 30-day trial of NTM is available at http://www.solarwinds.com/network-topology-mapper.aspx.                      

• Hello Lawrence :

PLEASE HELP ME. I have a problem to see icons in the Orion Web Console, the same that I create inn the Network Atlas, please see my Question: Map Object problems in the Orion Web Console, did you have tis problem before or did you heard about it.

Thanks A LOT., any answer that you can give me.

• Anyone get Network Atlas display issues figured out?