2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 9, 2014 9:16 AM by t0ta11ed74

SUM of Space Used in Report Writer

t0ta11ed74

I'm trying to build a report that uses the SUM function to rollup stats for a group of servers. The end result is a listing showing the SUM for memory, disk and CPU for all of the servers in the group.

This works just fine for things like "Total Memory Used", which adds up the memory across all servers,  but when I try to SUM on "Volume Space Used" the report is adding up all fixed disks, virtual memory, and physical memory. I'd like to SUM just the disk space without the memory, but I haven't been able to get this to produce the right results. Any help would be appreciated.

• Re: SUM of Space Used in Report Writer
          t0ta11ed74

So expanding on this myself, it doesn't look like it's possible to create reports that sum the total CPU, Disk, Traffic/bandwidth, and Memory usage for a group. This would be helpful since I have groups that reflect the status of a line of business or unit. It would be great to be able to show how much of these resources each LOB is using. If this isn't viable maybe it's a good idea for a feature request. I'm still toying with things in Report Writer but if anyone has any tips ....

• Re: SUM of Space Used in Report Writer
              t0ta11ed74

Very close here but I feel I'm missing something. I'd like to sum the values in the CPU Load, Total Memory, and Space Used in this screen shot;

Currently if I set the CPU Load field to SUM, this is the result:

Obviously it is summing something other than the values in the CPU Load column from the first screen. If it truly added those, then I would expect the Sum to be 24%, because only one node in that column has any CPU usage.

Ideally it would be even better if I could get the CPU in total Ghz, but haven't been able to figure out how to convert the field to the right unit or even if that's possible. I have a feeling this will likely take some custom SQL queries to really work, but I'm not an Orion SQL guru so I'm hoping someone else has dealt with this before or can point me in the right direction.