Can you provide more details about your upgrade, at what point it fails and is AlertCentral left in working state after upgrade (can you access AC instance)?
Do you try run upgrade more than once?
Also to troubleshoot this issue logs from AC is not enough.
To access build (upgrade) logs please login into console (with appliance credentials admin/admin).
Run: cd /opt/vmware/var/log/vami/
And collect vami.log-files there (with WinSCP tool, or something).
Also, when you logged into environment, please run df -f command to see disc usage statistics.
login as: admin
Last login: Wed Dec 11 10:27:03 2013
[admin@localhost ~]$ df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda3 5.8G 1.7G 3.9G 31% /
tmpfs 939M 0 939M 0% /dev/shm
/dev/sda1 124M 39M 80M 33% /boot
/dev/sdb1 40G 218M 38G 1% /data1
[admin@localhost ~]$ cd /opt/vmware/var/log/vami/
[admin@localhost vami]$ ls
vami.log vami-ovf.log vami-sfcb.log
it fails after I click install now. gives me the pop-up indicating installing updates...please wait, then about 20-30 seconds it fails with error above.
I've verified I can browse the web site where install is available and can download/view files.
Tried several times...yes, in working state after install attempts.
Vami files coming in sec.
I'm interested in you environment (HyperV, vSphere, VirtualBox, WMware "+" version would be good).
Also in which way you upgrade: mount iso with CDROM or use Repository Update option?
If it's not CDROM, is it possible to try this approach?
we use vmware (I think 5.1).
I was using repository update. This is quickest/easiest for my env. so I don't have to get server group involved to mount ISO.
I am having them mount and will test cdrom method and post back.
Thx for assistance.
Reading the vami logs I've found out that there is a problem while downloading one of the files from your repository:
11/12/2013 09:24:16 [INFO] Downloading file. URL: http://atl-mmtoolv01.ndchealth.int:81//package%2Dpool/libstdc%2B%2B%2D4%2E4%2E7%2D3%2Eel6%2Ex86%5F64%2Erpm
11/12/2013 09:24:16 [ERROR] CURL error: The requested URL returned error: 404
11/12/2013 09:24:16 [ERROR] The requested URL returned error: 404 URL: http://atl-mmtoolv01.ndchealth.int:81//package%2Dpool/libstdc%2B%2B%2D4%2E4%2E7%2D3%2Eel6%2Ex86%5F64%2Erpm
11/12/2013 09:24:16 [ERROR] Setting job error information. jobid=44, errorCode=9, errorString=Error during package download. Please try again.
11/12/2013 09:24:16 [ERROR] Job <44> failed. Error code:9Error message: Error during package download. Please try again.
Here, there's a HTTP 404 error while downloading the file http://atl-mmtoolv01.ndchealth.int:81//package-pool/libstdc++-4.4.7-3.el6.x86_64.rpm, which seems is not well decoded by the web server you use as repository. I would like to ask you which web server are you using in order to replicate this issue in our environment.
I will perform some upgrade tests anyway so we can discard a possible bug while downloading files with these special characters.
yep, no worries. using IIS 7.5 on win 2008 R2
As suspected, Alert Central's update fails because IIS is configured by default to block requests which contains double-escaped characters. So, when Alert Central requests the file libstdc++-4.4.7-3.el6.x86_64.rpm IIS triggers the error message I attached in this post.
In order to fix it, you can follow the instructions provided in the error message (although I don't recommend it, as it is a potential security hole) or configure another repository based on Linux+Apache web server, which I have tested successfully.