This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How can you filter out alerts?

I'm trying to filter out alerts we don't need to see.  Stuff like "alert me when someone shuts down an interface".  Is there a way to filter out the stuff you don't want to see, so that my team only focuses on the relevant alerts?  I know we can manipulate the drop down box, but i'm talking about filtering these out completely.

Thanks

• If you are talking about disabling certain alerts entirely, then from the console or an RDP session of your main Orion server, run Advanced Alert Manager and uncheck. Go into "configure alerts" and uncheck the alerts you want to deactivate.

If you want to modify the criteria for an alert, then just edit the alert in question and change the criteria to whatever you like.

• As Terry Auspitz mentioned, deselect the alerts you want disabled (they should then become greyed out). Short of deleting a particular alert there's no way of filtering them in the display.