2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2016 1:23 PM by jeremymayfield

RECOMMEND DameWare MRC ON SPREAD THE WORD FOR A $25 AMAZON GIFT CARD!

DanielleH

Let the community know how impressed you are with DameWare MRC and earn a $25 Amazon gift card!  Simply post your review in Spread The Word with the questions answered below:

1.       What was life like before using SolarWinds? (Include what you were using and why you decided it was time for a change)
      2.        Which SolarWinds product(s) saved your bacon?
      3.        Did you consider other options, and why did you choose SolarWinds?
      4.       How has life been since you've rolled out SolarWinds in your environment?
        • Re: RECOMMEND DameWare MRC ON SPREAD THE WORD FOR A $25 AMAZON GIFT CARD!
          desr
          1. What was life like before using SolarWinds? (Include what you were using and why you decided it was time for a change)

It was very hard to manage all assets and incidents. I wasn't using any software to manage IT.

1.        Which SolarWinds product(s) saved your bacon?

WHD

1.        Did you consider other options, and why did you choose SolarWinds?

Yes but nothing else compared to the use of use and unmanageable.

1.       How has life been since you've rolled out SolarWinds in your environment?

It is great I am able to manage all incidents, assets, and my day.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • Re: RECOMMEND DameWare MRC ON SPREAD THE WORD FOR A $25 AMAZON GIFT CARD!
            jeremymayfield
            1.       What was life like before using SolarWinds? (Include what you were using and why you decided it was time for a change) - When i came to this company, they had an outside contractor monitoring their infrastructure.   I of course being seasoned with Solarwinds, said self, i need SOLARWINDS!!!..  So i downloaded Spiceworks, and begged for some budget.   Once approved i moved on MPN, SAM, NTA, and VMAN.   But it was WHD and Specifically Dameware that i needed.  as a effectivelly 1 man IT department, i needed to be everywhere at once, and Damware allowed me to do just that.
            2.        Which SolarWinds product(s) saved your bacon? - Dameare MRC.  MRC is a small application with a HUGE impact.   you can read your AD computers and remotely install the connection client which takes little to no space.   I can have several Dameware MRC windows open so i can assist and or monitor several PC's / Servers at once.  
            3.        Did you consider other options, and why did you choose SolarWinds? - Yes we considered just keeping spiceworks, or using a hodge podge of other items but in the end Solarwinds is the package deal.   You have a one stop shop and it all seems to be working together.   Plus the support resources in Thwack and other place really help. 
            4.       How has life been since you've rolled out SolarWinds in your environment? - Well after 4 years i am still a 1 man pretty much shop, and still growing.   No problems here.