This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Determine how Solarwinds could be manipulated for automation

FormerMember
FormerMember

Please assist. I will appreciate.

How we could manipulate Solarwinds that would be useful for an automated deploy. This could be a command line interface or an API or anything else that would let us disabled and re-enable Solarwinds monitors without human intervention. More detail will be added as becomes known.

Please provide a PowerShell/API script or some kind to automate and work in my deploy during production

• I don't know about deploys, but I have setup a Powershell script for Windows server patching.   It makes use of the SolarWinds Orion SDK, which is free to download.   I use the below Powershell functions to Unmanage and Manage servers.

#Unmanages remote server in Orion
    Function Unmanage-Servers {
    [cmdletbinding()]
    Param ($computername)

#Load Orion SWIS Snapin
    Add-PSSnapin SWISSnapin

#Initialize variables
    $username = '********' #Replace with an Orion SQL username with manage rights
    $password = '********' #Replace with the password of the Orion SQL username
    $hostname = 'orion.domain.com' #Replace with the URL of the Orion server
    $hours = 24

#Connect to Orion Server
    $swis = Connect-Swis -Username $username -Password $password -Hostname $hostname

#Change computer name to IP if local computer
    If ($computername -eq $env:computername){
      $computername = (Get-WmiObject -class win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration -Filter 'ipenabled = "true"').ipaddress[0]
    }

#Get Node Info
    $nodeid = Get-SwisData $swis "SELECT NodeID FROM Orion.Nodes WHERE SysName like '$computername' or IP_Address like '$computername'"

#Unmanage Node
    $now = [DateTime]::UtcNow
    $later = $now.AddHours($hours)
    Invoke-SwisVerb $swis Orion.Nodes Unmanage @("N:$nodeid",$now,$later,"false")
    }

#Manages remote server in Orion
    Function Manage-Servers {
    [cmdletbinding()]
    Param ($computername)

#Load Orion SWIS Snapin
    Add-PSSnapin SWISSnapin

#Initialize variables
    $username = '********' #Replace with an Orion SQL username with manage rights
    $password = '********' #Replace with the password of the Orion SQL username
    $hostname = 'orion.domain.com' #Replace with the URL of the Orion server

#Connect to Orion Server
    $swis = Connect-Swis -Username $username -Password $password -Hostname $hostname

#Change computer name to IP if local computer
    If ($computername -eq $env:computername){
      $computername = (Get-WmiObject -class win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration -Filter 'ipenabled = "true"').ipaddress[0]
    }

#Get Node Info
    $nodeid = Get-SwisData $swis "SELECT NodeID FROM Orion.Nodes WHERE SysName like '$computername' or IP_Address like '$computername'"

#Remanage Node
    Invoke-SwisVerb $swis Orion.Nodes Remanage @("N:$nodeid")
    }