This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Exclude a company from request types

Short version:

Is there a way of simply excluding a company from a request type?  In request types, you can specify that all companies can see that request type or only specific ones.  It would be nice if their was a third option: Exclude.  I want to exclude one company from a certain request type.  I could manually check off the specific companies I wanted to keep but then new companies are not added automatically to the allowed list.

Long version:

I work for a managed services provider.  Right now, I have Company A that only wants their employees to see two request types for tickets: emergency and non-emergency.  I have other request types for all the other companies.  The problem is making it so only the certain request types show up.  Basically, the way that I have it set up right now is that I've created Request Parent A containing emergency and non-emergency and Request Parent B containing the other request types.  Company A can only see Request Parent A and any other company can only see Request Parent B.  It sounds good but the problem is in the execution of this.

In the Request Parent A, I had to select Specific under Companies and check-off Company A as the only one to see that category.  I then had to uncheck Company A from the Request Parent B.  The problem is that whenever a tech tries to create a ticket for a new client, they must manually add that client's company to Request Parent B or no request types will populate at all.  It would be better if I can specify that only Company A is excluded from Request Parent B.  This way any new companies added can see Request Parent B automatically.

So, again, is there a way of simply excluding a company from a request type?