1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 5, 2013 1:54 PM by mstraughan

Custom chart showing utilization assistance for NOC view

orionfan

Hi everyone,

I am wondering if it is possible to create a table that contains the a column for  Location Field, Inbound % Utilization, and Outboud % Utilization for the WAN interface at each of our sites.  This is for our NOC, so it will be going up on a monitor to give them an overview of the WAN.

I initially started with building this out on a map.   I was placing the interface on the map, and then in the label I was using the following "LOC - ${InPercentUtil} /  ${OutPercentUtil}".  What I am running into is we have several sites on the east coast, so the labeling is getting tight in that area.

I started using Report Writer but couldn't that to work correctly so I'm open to suggestions.

• Re: Custom chart showing utilization assistance for NOC view
          mstraughan

You should be able to do something like that, figure out what the InterfaceID is and you could use something like:

SELECT Nodes.Location, Nodes.Caption, Interfaces.InterfaceName, Interfaces.OutPercentUtil, Interfaces.InPercentUtil FROM Interfaces INNER JOIN Nodes ON Interfaces.NodeID = Nodes.NodeID WHERE Interfaces.InterfaceID = xxxx OR Interfaces.InterfaceID = xxxx OR Interfaces.InterfaceID = xxxx ORDER BY Nodes.Location DESC

as SQL in your OrionReport file or the equivalent through the Report Writer. Might be a better way to do it but I believe that should work for what you're asking