4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2017 9:13 AM by durrantw

Worldwide Map filter

rgward

I would like to add worldwide map to Node Details page and be able to filter map to only show balloon for specific node.  Is this possible?  I tried to do this but can't find a SWQL filter to work.  Has anyone had success in doing this?

I also have set up latitude and longitude coordinate custom properties for nodes.  Is there a way to pass these coordinates and zoom level to the Worldwide Map resource so the map zooms to specific location?  I see you can edit the map and set specific coordinates and zoom level for map but these settings are global.

• Re: Worldwide Map filter
          cliton1981

Hi,

We dont have the function you are requesting in the current release. Could you tell me more on how this functionality will benefit you and your experience with NPM? Are you looking at a miniature WorldWide Map with this specific node laid out (with the possibility of Zoom in and out) ? Do you also see this miniature WorldWide Map available for Orion node groups ?

With regards to your second question, we dont have this function at this moment. However its on our roadmap to enhance WorldWide Map resource. Your particular desire, is an ideation recorded and being tracked here

Regards

Cliton Godinho

rgward

Cliton,

As you sumised correctly, I would like to have a miniature worldwide map resource on the node/node groups details page and be able to specify the Latitude/Longitude/Zoomlevel as variables using Lat/Long/zoomlevel node custom properties (ex., ${sitelatitude}, ${sitelongitude}, ${zoomlevel}).  Likewise, I would like to be able to apply a SWQL filter that will only display a single marker at the lat/long coordinates of the given nodeid/nodename or node group. 

In addition, it would be great to be able to add nodes to the worldwide map using a dynamic query (ex., <nodename>/<machinetype>/<anyCP> equals/contains 'newyork', 'cisco', 'rtr', or 'swt', etc.).

I understand these are feature requests and I will submit one soon.

Thanks for pointing me to the feature request for map groups.

durrantw

Cliton,

We would love to be able to set a zoom level, and maybe location.  Mainly so that we don't have to zoom into our small location from world view down to our small City.

thanks..

rgward

Feature request posted here.   Please add your vote.