1 of 1 people found this helpful
If you establish connection successfully (all test pass green when you add new ORION source), then you must not have problems with connectivity (both instances can see each other).
If you don't have alerts from ORION than you can't see requests from AC to ORION in AC logs.
It's responsibility of ORION to tell AC that he has some new alerts or updates about old one.
AC will connect to ORION if some alert (from concrete ORION source) will be modified (note added, someone close alert, etc. -- then appropriate message will be posted to corresponding ORION alert).
It looks like ORION unable to notify AC about new alerts.
ORION logs can be found at C:/ >> ProgramData (hidden folder) >> Solarwinds >> InformationService (seems like correct module, but I can be wrong here).
Additional troubleshoot information:
Can you access SolarWindsOrion database?
You can verify there existence of your AC instance and FailDeliveryAttempts count
Can you validate also link (from any alert) from AC notification? Can you access AC by this link?
I can access AlertCentral from Orion, via IE. That works as expected. I can see from the DB that there are FailedDeliveryAttempts and the count seems to be increasing, over time. I am unable to see which logs are hosting the actual error for the webservice call to AlertCentral. Can you please confirm the location, so I can troubleshoot a bit further?
Thanks for the assistance so far.
ORION has advanced loging system on its own (with configuration tools, services etc), and I'm not fully competent.
They have separate forum: Network Performance Monitor . There you can get more information.
"I can access AlertCentral from Orion, via IE."
I guess you don't understand my question about AC link validation.
AC provide link for ORION (so ORION can ping AC later if he has some alerts).
You can look at this link from column EndpointAddress (in same table where FailedDeliveryAttempt counter).
Is this valid link? Can you access AC from browser using that link?
I am able to access EndpointAddress via IE, although it asks for a username/password, but the link is valid.
I'm out of suggestions.
Looks like it ORION side problem (or problem that can be troubleshooted only from ORION side)
But if I come up with something I'll let you know.
I've enabled DEBUG log level for the Information Service and found this in the logs,
[RetryNotifications] DEBUG SolarWinds.InformationService.ChangeBroker.NotificationManager - Retrying subscription cfbfa1a5-b266-457e-8783-e50b2137a7dd at https://10.10.10.55:443/Orion/AlertNotification/OnIndication
2013-12-04 07:45:21,591 [STP SmartThreadPool Thread #1] DEBUG SolarWinds.InformationService.ChangeBroker.Util.PendingNotificationDeliveryAgent - Failed delivering pending notifications to subscription cfbfa1a5-b266-457e-8783-e50b2137a7dd at https://10.10.10.55:443/Orion/AlertNotification/OnIndication.
System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException: Error delivering notification to https://10.10.10.55:443/Orion/AlertNotification/OnIndication. Status: 'ProtocolError' Description: 'The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required.' ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required.
Right, I've fixed it.
Add the following to SolarWinds/Orion/Information Service/3.0/SolarWinds.InformationService.Sevice.exe.config
<defaultProxy enabled="false" />
Add the system.net between the system.web and log4net configuration sections