6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2013 2:50 PM by nkoos

Adtran QoS Queue Monitor

nkoos

Greetings Thwack Community,

I am having trouble creating a custom poller in Orion to monitor our QoS queues (dropped packets, usage, etc).  I have the proper MIB and OIDs from Adtran, and can create the custom poller in Orion, but the problem is that I have no idea what to do with the results returned and have a few questions for the community.

1.  Does anyone know of an entry level tutorial for creating custom pollers and manipulating the values returned within Orion?

2.  Has anyone created a custom poller for Adtran equipment in order to monitor QoS?

As I said, I have the proper OIDs from Adtran, and can get them to return results.  I just have no idea what to do with the results.  Any help or point in the right direction is appreciated.

Thank you,

Nick

• Re: Adtran QoS Queue Monitor
          zackm

can you paste your results and OID here?

nkoos

Thanks for the quick reply.  The OID I am attempting to poll is 1.3.6.1.4.1.664.5.53.2.1.3, which is the adGenAOSQoSInterfaceTable.  Whenever I attempt to create the UDP using that OID I am asked to select a row from the table to poll.  Wouldn't I want to poll the entire table?  For instance one of the rows is adGenAOSQoSInterfaceName (1.3.6.1.4.1.664.5.53.2.1.3.1.1) which would be nice to have next to the inbound and outbound map names (1.3.6.1.4.1.664.5.53.2.1.3.1.2, 1.3.6.1.4.1.664.5.53.2.1.3.1.3) as well as other information within the table.  I would also like to poll the adGenAOSQoSMapSetTable (1.3.6.1.4.1.664.5.53.2.1.1) but run into the same situation where I am required to select a row within the table to poll.  Any advice is appreciated and please let me know if you need more information from me. 

Once again the ultimate goal is to be able to identify if our QoS policies are being enforced at the interfaces and to see the QoS queues...

Thanks again!

Nick

rob.hock

Nkoos: here's a 10-minute tutorial to get you started: Video Tutorial: Universal Device Poller in Orion NPM - Videos | SolarWinds

1 of 1 people found this helpful