I tried again, using a different computer and was able to reply to the discussion mentioned previously.
We fixed an issue where people who did not have their first name or last name defined in their profiles were receiving this error. We "fixed it" by copying your username to your first name and using dashes for your last. If you did not have these required fields defined, that would explain the error. This only bubbled to the top after our upgrade. Sorry for the inconvenience, but happy to see you posting.
There were a number of changes due to the upgrade, take a look here for more info: When we come back to our regularly scheduled programming.