4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2013 8:46 AM by sotherls

    Issue with report e-mailing

    bkohls

      Good morning --

       

      I had a report created that was working fine until the password for the account running the job was changed. I adjusted the password in the report scheduler and now the job does not work. I verified the server can still connect and send mail through our mail server via telnet. When I look in the Windows Task Scheduler the job appears to run fine (no errors anyway) and completes but the e-mail it is supposed to send is never received. I attempted a restart of all the SolarWinds services and got nothing. Where else can I look to try and resolve this issue?

       

      Thank you in advance!

        • Re: Issue with report e-mailing
          bkohls

          Some more information, the account being used is a local and domain admin. I also tried adjusting user credentials from task scheduler instead of the orion report scheduler with no success.

          • Re: Issue with report e-mailing
            sotherls

            What version of NPM are you using? We have seen the same behavior with 10.3.1 and we were never able to get past it. It seemed that anytime we made a change to the current task caused it to corrupt - sometimes. A not-pretty work around was to delete the old job and create a new one. That seems to work.

              • Re: Issue with report e-mailing
                bkohls

                I have also tried (even though alert e-mails are working fine and don't require auth) setting the job to use SMTP auth with the same result.

                 

                Running version 10.6. I tried creating a new domain account with the same group memberships both local and domain and setting it as the account to use from within Task Scheduler (not Orion Report Scheduler) and the job works. I don't see anything in the event logs or history logs of the job that is different between the two but the e-mail came through this time.

                 

                If devs read this, I hope you are working on improving the report scheduling abilities of your products. Right now I am not impressed or happy with this part of your product.