5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2013 11:38 PM by rgnanda

CatTools Compare Options

dclick

Ok - so, I have been away from CatTools for a couple of years, but have decided to dust it off and put it back into production.

I know we can use some compare criteria in the reporting of "Report.Compare.Running.Startup" type, or when we manually compare two files - but what do we do about those options when using the "Device.Backup.Running.Config" job type?

Since we cannot modify the pre-canned scripts, I don't see any way to add a filter of any type - for example, I want to exclude anything starting with a ! from the compare.  Is it possible only in NCM?

Example:

• Re: CatTools Compare Options
          rgnanda

Hi,

If your device is having the variations options enabled then you can use the Backup Ignore Text option in the variations, By simply putting "<!", you can achieve this.

If your device is not having variations, try using Generic.Device type.

Thanks,

Nanda

dclick

Can you elaborate a bit on the "variotions options enabled"? 

rgnanda

Just double click or edit the device from the grid display and in the top of the tab , if you are seeing a tab called "Variations", then your device is variations enabled,

See the attachment here,

Thanks,

Nanda

dclick

I do not have the VARIATIONS tab on my device. is there a way to enable this?   the Device type is "Cisco.Wireless.Lan".   I don't see any way to enable this. (BTW - we use the Cisco 5508 Wireless Controllers - and this device type does not have it listed specifically).

rgnanda

Hi,

In coming version of CatTools Cisco.Wireless.Lan is going to be support variataions feature.If you have valid license with maintenance just come through Solarwinds Support, I can provide a Buddy Drop with Variations enabled in Cisco.Wireless.Lan.

Or else please configure your device as Generic.Device in CatTools( For that you need to ensure all commands in Variations are correct for your device; if wrong just enable and change it) and try.

Thanks,

Nanda