2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2013 10:53 AM by knitgeek

A few setup questions...

knitgeek

1. I installed Alert Central in the DMZ and need to know which ports need to be opened, and in which direction. Is that documented somewhere?

2. In the quick-start guide, we're told to go in and set up the time zone and network settings and then reboot. Those options are not available from the web GUI. Should I use a different version of Alert Central, or is there updated documentation, or am I simply missing something?

3. If I run the setup wizard, every step errors out. Some searching with ArcSight Logger shows me that the appliance is trying to do DNS lookups on a funky address. If I log into the console and do a cat/etc/reslov.conf it shows that the nameserver is the one I entered in the wizard when I deployed the OVF. Since I can't get to the network settings in the GUI (see question #2), is there some other command I can run at the console to correct the funky DNS address, so I can at least get through the wizard and start testing?

Thanks in advance!

Karen

• Re: A few setup questions...
          knitgeek

I got to the setup (finally), with some back-and forth with the firewall guy (I'm a server admin, btw). He's opened the firewall up for the mail server(s) coming in and the update server(s) going out, but the wizard is still failing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Karen

• Re: A few setup questions...
            knitgeek

For anyone else out there that is stumbling on what should be simple (like anyone who firewalls their servers from the rest of their network because they like security), this is how we set it up:

Email (we used EWS) - Incoming: source = AC (Alert Central), Destination = Exchange edge server, service=443

We allow all servers that are between the internal and external firewalls to relay by default, so no rule was needed for outgoing mail.

Solarwinds undates - Source = AC, destinaction = 74.115.12.25, service = 443

Source = AC, destination = 216.205.85.174, service = 443

Orion NPM - Source = AC, destination = NPM server, service = 443

Hopefully we'll get some actual support for this product at some point. This process so far has been very disappointing.