4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 29, 2016 5:46 PM by RichardLetts

Avaya SIP Servers

brian lee

We are trying to get Orion to monitor SNMP data from Avaya SIP servers.  The group in charge of setting up the SNMP on the servers did so and even had support involved to attempt to get this working but everytime Orion does not seem to detect it.  Any suggestions on how to get this working?

Orion Platform 2013.2.0, SAM 6.0.0, NCM 7.2.1, NPM 10.6, NTA 3.11.0, UDT 3.0.1, IVIM 1.8.1

• Re: Avaya SIP Servers
          rob.hock

SNMP is generally pretty simple. Perhaps they are running on a non-standard port or using SNMPv3? If we could get some further details, I'm sure we can figure it out.

cahunt

Any details on this ?  We are in the midst of trying to add a server and have an issue responding - though I think they might be trying to use a vIP instead of a real IP. 

cahunt

I learned a few things today.....

1 - If you have your servers in with ICMP and then change them to SNMP ---you most likely will not get a response.

Step 1 - remove the Node from Orion NPM

Step 2 - Add the Node back to NPM using SNMP from the Jump.

2 - Avaya Servers Respond better using SNMP v3.... try it if v2 is giving you fits.

After adding 1 server the 2nd was being ornery. Voice Engineer who has done this before mentions that Avaya responds better to SW if you use version 3.... 

... first order of business tomorrow.... Make IT Happen, with v3.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  RichardLetts

We monitor our Avaya servers using SNMPv3, and it works quite well.

one of the downsides is that if it does stop responding to SNMP then it takes a while for the telecom folks to schedule a reload of the server, especially if it's the current active one.