2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2013 8:08 AM by damienball

NTA 4.0 RC2 - Installation Impressions

KMSigma

I just want to thank everyone involved with packaging this new installer.  It was great to see the community feedback actually making a difference in the language used in the installer.  I was one of those people who went, "Huh?" when I saw the original installer screens.  It's so much superior now that I think it will make a valuable addition to the growing stable of SolarWinds Orion Products!

--KMSigma

ProductionDevelopment/Test

Orion Platform 2013.2.0

SAM 6.0.0

IPAM 4.0

NCM 7.2.1

NPM 10.6

NTA 4.0.0

UDT 3.0.1

IVIM 1.8.1

VNQM 4.1

Orion Platform 2014.1.0

SAM 6.1.0

NPM 10.7

NTA 4.0.0

IVIM 1.9.0

• Re: NTA 4.0 RC2 - Installation Impressions
          fcaron

Thanks for this, KMSigma. Can you elaborate on the performance improvement that you are seeing, compared to v 3.x?

• Re: NTA 4.0 RC2 - Installation Impressions
            damienball

From the email I received and looking at the screenshot, I think it's pretty good. I guess grammatically I'd change the paragraph for NTA 4.0 Only to say:

Flows will be stored on a different computer (server?) in your network. Select this option if you have a powerful machine dedicated for this purpose.

The bolded part was added. What about changing "computer" to "server"? I can't believe anyone would use anything other than a server to reach the performance they would need for NTA.