22 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2017 12:34 PM by julie.arnold

How do I join the Linked In Group?

Patrick Hubbard

Member ship to the SolarWinds Certified Professional Linked In group is open to all Certified Professionals.  Please please send an email to certification@solarwinds.com with your Name, SCP Number, Verification Code and the email address you use for Linked In.

• Re: How do I join the Linked In Group?
          rj-smith

How quickly should I expect to receive my SCP Number and Verification Code after passing the exam?

My LinkedIn group membership request is currently pending.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            bishnu@05

Hi Patrick Hubbard,

I passed the solar wind certification on 27th December 2013.

Still I am not getting my certification kits till now.

I have mailed many times to certification team,but there is no response from anyone.

So please send my certification kit as soon as possible.

I am waiting for your favorable reply Patrick.

sevier.toby

LinkedIn?  What is that?  Why not proactively improve your infrastructure.  I have granted product managers with valuable feedback, created missing NCM templates, spread the word, and enter contests with no ROI.  Since I support my own SolarWinds installations and technical issues, I am on the KB for the underwear which is now offline.  Once I get my points I'm out.  I use SolarWinds to trick out my network, not using it to find problems that I caused that I can't fix, or in the case of 'my vendor' set that up.  SolarWinds is used to confirm the awesomeness of the network and alert the on downs/congestion.  

I am not surprised no one has responded, I have yet to get any.  Probably playing video games or with toys. 

kevincrouch4

I am getting seriously fed up with patrick. this is getting ridiculous. either he needs to get his ass in here to the forums and do some Sh** or they need to assign these responsibilities to someone who can actually accomplish them. Call me crazy for wanting a response from him some time in two months.

You also raise an interesting thought. If i'd had to deal with patrick right as I first got into solarwinds instead of more helpful people like Danielle then I probably would have started trying to find help elsewhere. People not responding as they should like patrick make me want to go elsewhere.

supermon

I'm going on two months waiting to be added to the LinkedIn SCP group...Seems they are more interested in getting public endorsements than getting the SCPs into the group.

rj-smith

Well (as I posted earlier in the thread), I was accepted to the LinkedIn SCP group within about 3 days. Not sure why that process was so smooth for me and not for others.

I'm sure it's obvious, but I note the original post doesn't actually include the instruction to "Join" the SolarWinds Certified Professionals group on LinkedIn, which I had done prior to emailing the Certification address.

Anyway, after 3 months, and like many others it seems, I'm still waiting for the SCP Thwack badge and the mythical welcome pack so perhaps one out three aint bad.

kevincrouch4

Yeah, if you go to apply to join the group and send the email you SHOULD be good, but it seems like Patrick isn’t very on top of LinkedIn, SCP Badging, OR the “Mythical” smiles Welcome Kits. Compared to most of us you’re killin it rj! I’m still waiting on all three.

NOW, just for those of you waiting to join the group, you can always add the certification to your profile<https://www.linkedin.com/profile/edit> just go down to certifications, click add and under “Certification Authority” Enter SolarWinds and it will show the SolarWinds logo. Put in your SCP number for License Number and enter “SolarWinds Certified Professional” for the Certification Name. I didn’t put a certification URL for mine though.

Also keep in mind that the cert is valid for five (5) years! Which LinkedIn will also let you enter.

Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 8.58.29 AM.png

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                            Patrick Hubbard

Kevin, I'm sorry you're having trouble.  You're right-- this should have been taken care of.  When you sent an email with your LinkedIn email address to certification@solarwinds.com was their no reply? 

The LI group gets 100+ requests via linked in per month, with 99% non-certified who are rejected.  There's no way to respond to each individually with all the noise, and that's why if you send your SCP# and the email address you use for linkedin to the certification@solarwinds.com account, it's usually an easy process.  Over 50% of SCPs use different emails for thwack, their SCP and/or linked in, and given the significance of the accomplishment, some review is necessary as we verify each certification. Direct message me please with your linked in email address and I'll take care of it personally.

Also, I admit that I haven't done a very good job of monitoring the SCP thread and apologize for that.  I haven't announced it, but in addition to my other roles, I am now the director of thwack, replacing Michael Torok who recently left the company.  Between launching the thwack video site, overseeing the bracket battle and producing http://lab.solarwinds.com, I've been more distracted than I'd like and should have assigned this this responsibility to someone else.  I will do that this week.  (The magnificent DanielleH reports to me and I can't deny that she's raised this issue before.)

Also, we'll soon be making changes to the program, including reinstating the $150 exam fee, and at that time much of what is currently manually managed by the team, (like kit fulfillment), will be automated.  Did you come in under the gratis exception?

Thanks for your note, and I'm sorry your're frustrated.  You're not the only one and we're taking steps to address it.  The important thing is that you've proven your expertise by completing the exam, and there aren't many who can say that.

3 of 3 people found this helpful
                          joeyamante

Hi Patrick. Just want to know when will I get my Verification Code and SCP#.

Thanks.

revbenae

Just a reminder for those of you who are asking to join the Linked In SCP group -- you do need to be certified in order to join the group. 

Once you are confirmed by receiving your "congratulatory email", please feel free to send an email to certification@solarwinds.com with your Name, SCP Number, Verification Code and the email address you use for Linked In. We'll then add you as soon as we can get to you.

Thanks!!

Peter Monaghan, CBCP, SCP, ITIL ver.3

Email sent. I am giddy with anticipation to join such an elite club!

jcauburn

Is this still a thing? I searched and saw no group. I have passed the SCP.