3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2013 11:08 AM by oliver.grist

Pulling availability stats

oliver.grist

Hello,

I have downloaded the SWQL studio and managed to run a number of queries successfully, allowing us to use the NPM data across our other internal systems.

* Apologies if this is not the correct place its a NPM API question

But I have got stumped on the Availability table that appears on both nodes and applications.

I have got as far as the Orion.NPM.EW.DeviceStats table/view but there seems to be a mixture of results (minute by minute, hourly and daily all combined some of which have an "Available" and "Available Percent" others are just blank).

The query I have for now is:

SELECT NodeID, Available, AvailablePercent, ObservationTimestamp

FROM Orion.NPM.EW.DeviceStats

WHERE NodeID = 1740

ORDER BY ObservationTimestamp

Essentially I just want to recreate the table, is there a better way to go about this:

Availability Statistics

PERIOD     AVAILABILITY

Today    100.000 %

Yesterday    100.000 %

Last 7 Days    100.000 %

Last 30 Days    100.000 %

This Month    100.000 %

Last Month    100.000 %

This Year    100.000 %

Am I missing something obvious?

Many thanks,

Oli

• Re: Pulling availability stats
          Andy McBride

Repost in in Product Forums -> Labs -> Orion SDK Lab for better traction.

oliver.grist

From hacking around and browsing the forums I made some progress - not the enitre table but I am able to pull some of it:

What I have for now is:

SELECT NodeID,

(SELECT AVG(Availability) as Availability FROM Orion.ResponseTime WHERE Nodes.NodeId = ResponseTime.NodeID AND ObservationTimestamp > '15/11/2013 00:00:00') as AvailabilityToday,

(SELECT AVG(Availability) as Availability FROM Orion.ResponseTime WHERE Nodes.NodeId = ResponseTime.NodeID AND ObservationTimestamp > '14/11/2013 00:00:00' AND ObservationTimestamp < '15/11/2013 00:00:00') as AvailabilityYesterday,

(SELECT AVG(Availability) as Availability FROM Orion.ResponseTime WHERE Nodes.NodeId = ResponseTime.NodeID AND ObservationTimestamp > '07/11/2013 00:00:00' AND ObservationTimestamp < '15/11/2013 00:00:00') as AvailabilityLast7days

FROM Orion.Nodes

I took and combined some ideas from these 2 theads:

http://thwack.solarwinds.com/thread/35627

SWQL Help

oliver.grist

The final code I have ended up with is as follows, the dates being set in PHP.

This solves the issue of devices having different amounts of historic data, it is slightly slow when run across the entire dataset .

SELECT NodeID, NCP.MIST_OBJECT_ID, (SELECT SUM(Availability*Weight)/SUM(Weight) as Availability FROM Orion.ResponseTime WHERE Nodes.NodeId = ResponseTime.NodeID AND ObservationTimestamp >= '15/11/2013 00:00:00') as AvailabilityToday,

(SELECT SUM(Availability*Weight)/SUM(Weight) as Availability FROM Orion.ResponseTime WHERE Nodes.NodeId = ResponseTime.NodeID AND ObservationTimestamp >= '14/11/2013 00:00:00' AND ObservationTimestamp <= '15/11/2013 00:00:00') as AvailabilityYesterday,

(SELECT SUM(Availability*Weight)/SUM(Weight) as Availability FROM Orion.ResponseTime WHERE Nodes.NodeId = ResponseTime.NodeID AND ObservationTimestamp >= '08/11/2013 00:00:00') as AvailabilityLast7days,

(SELECT SUM(Availability*Weight)/SUM(Weight) as Availability FROM Orion.ResponseTime WHERE Nodes.NodeId = ResponseTime.NodeID AND ObservationTimestamp >= '15/10/2013 00:00:00') as AvailabilityLast30days,

(SELECT SUM(Availability*Weight)/SUM(Weight) as Availability FROM Orion.ResponseTime WHERE Nodes.NodeId = ResponseTime.NodeID AND ObservationTimestamp >= '15/08/2013 00:00:00') as AvailabilityLast90days,

(SELECT SUM(Availability*Weight)/SUM(Weight) as Availability FROM Orion.ResponseTime WHERE Nodes.NodeId = ResponseTime.NodeID AND ObservationTimestamp >= '01/01/2013 00:00:00') as AvailabilityThisYear

FROM Orion.Nodes

INNER JOIN Orion.NodesCustomProperties NCP ON Nodes.NodeID = NCP.NodeID