This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Data grid service login is used for Email?

I've been working on a little problem and I'd like to get some additional information. I'm working on getting an automated report sent out on each server detailing their patch level. There is a report I've modified that seems to do the trick but when I set it up as a scheduled report daily it will only send me the completion notification. I've been trying this in a lab environment but it's having trouble emailing out. Upon investigation I'm seeing the error message using not the user I've defined for email but the automatically created eminentware account for the datagrid service. At least that's my guess as it shows server:ewdgssvc in the user name of the error output. Do we need to change the service logon user to email out? Why doesn't it seem to use my username and password for outbound email service?

• Do we need to change the service logon user to email out?

No.

Emails generated from scheduled tasks are sent using the configuration and credentials defined for the Application Role server that is executing the task.

In Patch Manager System Configuration -> Patch Manager Servers -> Application Servers, select the Patch Manager server where the task is executing, and view the Application Server Settings tab.

On that tab are a collection of settings in the Category "Email Configuration".

If the defined server requires authentication, then you'll need to set the logon user name, logon user password, and potentially the user logon domain, and enable the option "requires authentication".

If these values are not defined, or "requires authentication" is false, the SMTP connection will be anonymous.

11-13-2013 4-18-51 PM.png

• One thing that is hampering my debugging of this issue is the fact that the output message box is extending beyond the screen size. I'm unable to read the last portion. Is there a log I can read or some way to get the box to scroll? I'm trying to get this to connect to an external mail source at the moment as we don't have an internal email server any longer. Office365 outlook server is what I'm working with. I've enabled both TLS and SSL along with just one or the other and I'm not getting anywhere.

• One thing that is hampering my debugging of this issue is the fact that the output message box is extending beyond the screen size.

Typically this dialog manifestation issue is an artifact of using a suboptimal screen resolution. Ideally the Patch Manager console should be run at 1280x1024 or higher.

• Are you using a local console or a remote console?
    • Are you connected via Remote Desktop?
    • What is the screen resolution of the display environment?
  • I'm using 1664x980 for the resolution. I am connecting via RDP to this server.